Finally. The Olympics have arrived. Let the games begin.
- My pre-game prediction: 5-1 USA
- Did Jeremy Roenick really sneak on the broadcast team? Good Lord!
- I love these Swiss jerseys. They look like a bunch of paramedics skating around the ice.
- T.J. Oshie deserves to be on this team.
- Ryan Whitney = overrated.
- David Backes is a beast.
- Dustin Brown draws the game's first penalty.
- That PP was a mess & did Dustin Brown really just take the faceoff on that PP?
- The Swiss aren't a bad team at all.
- Bobby Ryan rips a shot high-glove side on Hiller. Finally. Thank you David Backes for your hard work. USA 1 Swiss 0
- I told you Backes was a beast! Backes goes coast-to-coast and drives to the net with a power move; noseplug and all. USA 2 Swiss 0
- Ryan Malone finds the loose puck as the US crashes the net on PP. USA 3 Swiss 0
- Erik Johnson has been USA's best defender. All over the ice on both ends.
- Doc Emerick might be the only play-by-play announcer in the world that says, "Waffle-boarded away" on a blocker save. I love it. Makes me hungry for breakfast.
- I sure hope Eddie Olczyz's love-fest with Patrick Kane doesn't last for the entire tournament. It's getting old quick.
- Swiss are looking to attack here; US defense loves to pinch. US is going to get burned here eventually.
- Physical play is picking up on both-sides.
- NBC just flashed a shutout stat before the Swiss 2nd PP of the period; Swiss PP goal coming...
- Did I call it? Domenicelli?! He's been all-over the ice. Nope some other guy...USA 3 Swiss 1
- I wonder if the Swiss could've kept up this type of attack for the entire game.
- Tim Gleason > Ryan Whitney
MY THREE STARS
1. David Backes
2. Bobby Ryan
3. Ryan Miller