Brandon Segal Waived & Claimed; Clune Recalled


Brandon Segal will be eligible to be sent to Manchester if he clears waivers at 9 a.m. tomorrow.
Kind of surprising actually.  I didn't mind Segal.  I liked him in the lineup more than Ivanans.  Reminded me of Tom Kosopolous and Adam Mair.  Hopefully, he'll find a spot somewhere.  My heart goes out to the girl wearing the Kings Segal jersey last game.  Hopefully, she was a family member or girlfriend.  Although, her friend was wearing a Jones #12 jersey...Yikes!  Let the speculation begin!  Another roster move coming?

***UPDATE***
In another move, the Kings assigned Rich Clune from Manchester to Ontario of the ECHL today. It seems very likely that some type of move will take place tomorrow, so we’ll see how it shakes out in the morning.
If Hammond is speculating a move coming tomorrow; it's most likely done already.

Carolina's Ray Whitney remains a prime target for the Los Angeles Kings. The Pittsburgh Penguins have also shown interest but it's unlikely the Pens will meet the Hurricanes' asking price of a first-round draft pick and a prospect.
I'd be surprised if Dean Lombardi parts with a first-round pick but crazier things have happened (i.e.- Dan Cloutier extension?).  We'll all soon find out soon enough.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Kariya though. 

***UPDATE #2***
...Brandon Segal has been claimed by the Dallas Stars. In that case, Rich Clune is expected to be recalled by the Kings...
Steve Ott will become a UFA at the end of the year; I could see Segal playing that type of role for Dallas.  We'll see what Clune has; there was quite a bit of hype surrounding him at camp before he was injured.  Clune = Chris Neil?

***UDDATE #3***
I just realized with Segal going to Dallas...

Segal- Tampa/L.A./Dallas
Clune- Dallas/LA
Tukonen- LA/Dallas/Tampa

I bet Clune goes to Tampa within the next 6 months to complete the trifecta.

Comments