Hawks Win Cup; JR Cries


So the Hawks eliminated the Flyers in six games to win the Cup.  I can't say I watched an entire game all the way through but it sounded like a great series.  The NHL season ended for me on April 25th.  I actually predicted the Hawks to make it to the Finals but had the Penguins winning because of the 'Hossa-Effect.'  I guess the third time was the charm for Marian.

The Blackhawks went all-in this season and got the job done but the chances of seeing this roster together again are probably slim-to-none.  The Hawks have over $18 million dedicated to their top-three of Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith next season.  Expect names like Brian Campbell, Cristobal Huet, Patrick Sharp and Kris Versteeg to all be discussed as changing teams this off-season.

Now, I was at the Dodgers-Cardinals game on Wednesday so I missed the game but I did get a text from my buddy saying, "Jeremy Roenick is crying like a little girl."

Of course, I had to 'Youtube' that when I got home and found a couple nice videos to share. Videos after the jump...

First up: An emotional JR.  I can't tell if he's crying because he never won a Cup or he didn't win a Cup in Chicago.  I'm not sure how I would feel if I were a Flyers fan considering JR had some pretty awesome years there too.


JR provided plenty of great highlights in Chicago, including a classic exchange with Patrick Roy during the 1996 Western Conference Semifinals.


JR's years in Philly probably culminated in one of his greatest career achievements: gracing the cover of the NHL ESPN Hockey Video game in 2004.  Providing NHL fans with this awesome commercial.


Roenick has always dominated the hockey video game scene dating back to the Sega Genesis days.


And just for kicks...

Comments