WE BACK !!!


After an eight-year hiatus the LA Kings Outsider is back!  I'm still living in the glory of the 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup winners.  The core of Brown-Kopitar-Quick-Doughty could go the rest of their careers without winning another playoff series and I would be completely satisfied.

COVID-19 is changing our world forever.  Who knows the next time we'll be allowed back into Staples Center.  Who knows if the NHL's plan to resume the 2019-20 season will even get the go ahead.  There's so much uncertainty for the foreseeable future.

I was at the Kings v. Avalanche game on Monday, March 9th.  My friend and I were aware of the possible threat but neither of us had any idea the severity of the situation.  I remember constantly washing my hands and heading for the hand sanitizer stations that were positioned all around the concourse every chance I got.  I remember being hesitant to high-five the strangers in front of me who turned around and faced us with extended hands for all three Kings goals.  None of us had any idea the world would shut down by the end of that week.  

I started this blog in January of 2010 which was about three months after the Kings introduced Rich Hammond as the LAKingsInsider.  It was hard to see Rich move on (especially under those circumstances).  Just as it was disappointing to see the Kings let go of Jon Rosen just a few weeks ago.  I don't understand the logic in letting go of content creators at this time.  It seems like now more than ever would be the time you need to try and keep your fans engaged.  It's even more upsetting to see the Kings now allowing other contributors to post on LAKingsInsider.com right now.  But I digress. 

I'm not sure how often I'll post.  I don't know this current Kings roster well but I do know GM Rob Blake is stockpiling picks and prospects.  And in all honesty, it's feeling a bit like Dean Lombardi circa 2010 all over again.  And I hope in two years time, we're having another parade (with masks?).  

(P.S. - Sorry for all the broken photo links on my archived posts.  I got tired of people stealing my photos off Flickr...Even my beloved Kings took a couple to use on their website!  I thought about starting a new blog but these archived posts are fun to look back at even with the missing photos.)

Comments