Met Kopi & Smitty


I knew I had to go get Kopi & Smitty's signatures when I heard they were signing at the Sports Chalet five minutes from my house.

The signing was supposed to take place from 7:00-8:00 PM on Tuesday.  From my past experience with Dodgers players appearances, there's always a mixture of collectors, fans and shoppers that camp out for autographs.  I knew I needed to go early. 

I got there around 5:45 and was already about 40th in line.  The line just grew from there.  By 6:45 when the guys arrived, there must have been over 150 people in line.

From my past life as an autograph seeker at the Toyota Training Center, I saw some familiar mugs.  Funny to see the same guys first in line here considering they live at the TSC.  If you see a short Filipino guy limping after a player with a sharpie; it's this man (http://myworld.ebay.com/sassportsintl/).  He's already got his Kopi bobblehead up for $80!

Crazy to see some guys selling obvious Getty Images that they ripped off and made copies of.  Selling them for $5 a pop.  Terrible.  Even worse is that people were buying them.

Taking photos has started to become a hobby of mine.  I printed a couple of them 11 x 14 and got Kopi and Smitty to sign them.  I made extras.  Should have given them copies.  Oh well.  Next time.

Two solid signatures in black sharpie.  Smitty complimented my photo when he found out that I took it which was pretty cool.

Good times.

Comments