Kings Re-Sign Scott Parse


The Kings re-signed Scott Parse to a two-year contract worth $1.8 million.  I guess I was wrong with my prediction.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings let Parse walk this off-season.  If the Kings can bring him back on a two-way deal with similar cap hit; go for it.
He had a strong rookie campaign with 11 goals and 13 assists in 59 games played.  And I should have known better with Dean Lombardi's 'Asset Management Principles.'

The question remains: Where does Parse fit in the lineup?  Read more after the jump...

His upside is probably a second-line scorer and the Kings already have plenty of those.  Ideally, he's a third-liner but I'm not sure he has the checking abilities to fill that role.  So that pretty much guarantees Parse a spot on the Kings fourth-line moving forward.  It'll be hard for Parse to reach his potential assuming Terry Murray decides to waste another roster spot on an enforcer.
 

Now that Parse has nearly doubled the $550,000 he made on the last year of his entry-level contract; what implications does this have on Brad Richardson's upcoming contract?  I had projected Richie earn a raise close to the $900,000 mark but it looks like it'll be closer to the $1.2 million range considering both players put up very similar numbers.

We'll have to wait and see.  I leave you with a highlight reel goal from Scotty.  Please disregard the subpar performance from the talking heads on NHL Network.

Comments