|"Yes Kyle...You still look just as crazy on the beautiful new Panasonic HD scoreboard."|
- Staples Center should have installed an HD Scoreboard a long time ago. That thing is beautiful.
- Kyle Clifford is crazy. He racked up 19 minutes of penalties trying to retaliate on a clean hit. He's the forward version of Colten Teubert. I know alot of people are excited about him possibly making the team this year but I just don't see it.
- Clifford fought Paul Bissonnette. Bissonnette has a twitter (BizNasty2point0): "Drew 5 minors tonight. Is that a league record? And clifford suckered me 3 times, dropped my mits and pumped him with 3 then he wrestled me. Anyone who saw the fight as a win for clifford ur a meat stick. But then again there are a lot of u out there. Go yotes. Boom."
- Our top four defensemen: Doughty, Mitchell, Johnson, and Scuderi were all shaky. They allowed Phoenix way too much room to operate in the offensive zone. Mitchell's play along the boards was strong but he didn't look comfortable handling the puck at all.
- Wayne Simmonds was outplayed by Kings ECHL/AHL prospect Dwight King tonight. Not a good sign. Simmer didn't look good in Monday's scrimmage either.
- Brayden Schenn got credit for the Kings' lone goal but Dustin Brown did all the work setting him up. Schenn's going to be awesome but I think he's back in Brandon for one more season.
- Andrei Loktionov has continued to impress me. His offensive instincts are NHL-ready.
- Brandon Kozun was checked off the puck at least four times in the first period. Gabe Gauthier? Justin Azevedo? Mike Cammalleri? Too soon to tell...
- Jake Muzzin & Johan Fransson could be a nice D-pairing.....in Manchester. Sheldon Souray?
- Gone but not forgotten. Patrick O'Sullivan scored in Carolina's 3-1 defeat of Nashville. Alexander Frolov had a 3-point night (1 G, 2 A) in the Rangers 4-3 OT win.
Check out all the photos from warmups on my Flickr page.